Senior Living in 19139 (Philadelphia, PA)
- 19139 has a SeniorScore® of 62, which is the 27th highest of any zip code in Philadelphia, PA.
- 19139 scores lower than the Philadelphia, PA average of 66.
- 19139 scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 19139 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 9 hospitals nearby, including Veterans Affairs Med Center, Hospital Of Univ Of Pennsylvania, and Penn Presbyterian Medical Center.
- There are 55 senior living facilities in the area, including Care Pavilion Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, St. Ignatius Nursing and Rehab Center , and Angela Court.
- There are 37 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 8 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 114 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (24% of the total population).
- There are 65 golf courses nearby, including Cobb\'s Creek Golf Club -Olde, Karakung Course at Cobb\'s Creek Golf Club, and Bala Golf Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Clark Park)..
- There are 93 churches nearby, including Beulah Baptist Church, Monumental Baptist Church, and Greater White Rock Baptist Chr.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.57% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.91% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $34,966, which is in the top 96% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $26,487, which is in the top 95% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $14,886, which is in the top 92% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 17.61%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 19139 has a very dense population density of 23,316.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 77.88%.