Senior Living in 19153 (Philadelphia, PA)
- 19153 has a SeniorScore® of 80, which is the 3rd highest of any zip code in Philadelphia, PA.
- 19153 scores significantly higher than the Philadelphia, PA average of 66.
- 19153 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 19153 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 18 hospitals nearby, including St Agnes Medical Center, Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital, and Philadelphia Va Medical Center.
- There are 85 senior living facilities in the area, including White Cliff Health and Rehabilitation Center, St Francis Center For Rehabilitation and Healthcare, and ManorCare Health Services at Mercy Fitzgerald.
- There are 53 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 60 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 522 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 112 golf courses nearby, including Franklin D. Roosevelt Golf Course, RiverWinds Golf Club, and McCall Field Golf Course.
- There are 14 parks nearby, including John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge at Tinicum, Bartram\'s Garden, and Red Bank Battlefield Park.
- There are 259 churches nearby, including St Irenaeus Rectory, First African Baptist Church, and Highway Church of Christ.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.57% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.91% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $57,084, which is in the top 52% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $51,212, which is in the top 41% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $25,472, which is in the top 39% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.78%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 19153 has a dense population density of 1,712.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.54%.