Senior Living in 19154 (Philadelphia, PA)
- 19154 has a SeniorScore® of 70, which is the 15th highest of any zip code in Philadelphia, PA.
- 19154 scores higher than the Philadelphia, PA average of 66.
- 19154 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 19154 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Aria Health, Frankford Hospital, and Bucks County Specialty Hospital.
- There are 42 senior living facilities in the area, including Delaware Valley Veteran\'s Home, The Arbours at Eagle Pointe, and St. John Neumann Centrr For Rehab and Healthcare.
- There are 42 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 13 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 201 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 83 golf courses nearby, including Philadelphia Quartet Golf Club, Torresdale-Frankford Country Club, and John F. Byrne Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Benjamin Rush State Park, Pennypack Park, and Neshaminy State Park.
- There are 36 churches nearby, including St Martha\'s Rectory, St Anselm Rectory, and Faith Lutheran Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.57% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.91% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $68,935, which is in the top 30% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $59,164, which is in the top 27% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $26,112, which is in the top 36% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.97%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 19154 has a dense population density of 5,397.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.11%.