Senior Living in 19311 (Avondale, PA)
- 19311 scores the same as the Avondale, PA average of 72.
- 19311 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 19311 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Jennersville Regional Hospital).
- There are 28 senior living facilities in the area, including Twin Pines Health Care Center, Friends Home In Kennett, and Kendal at Longwood.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 15 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 49 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (19% of the total population).
- There are 57 golf courses nearby, including Loch Nairn Golf Club, Hartefeld National Golf Course, and Inniscrone Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Longwood Gardens and White Clay Creek Preserve).
- There are 41 churches nearby, including Avondale Presbyterian Church, St Gabriel\'s Church, and Calvary Baptist Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.21% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.25% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $132,907, which is in the top 3% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $89,884, which is in the top 6% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $38,537, which is in the top 10% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.70%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 19311 has an average population density of 681.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 80.23%.