Senior Living in 19335 (Downingtown, PA)
- 19335 scores the same as the Downingtown, PA average of 70.
- 19335 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 19335 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (St John Vianney Hospital).
- There are 21 senior living facilities in the area, including St. Martha Center For Rehabilitation and Healthcare, Simpson Meadows, and Geriatric Consultation and Services.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 12 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 114 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (22% of the total population).
- There are 70 golf courses nearby, including Downingtown Country Club, Ingleside Golf Club, and Whitford Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Marsh Creek State Park and Springton Manor).
- There are 25 churches nearby, including East Brandywine Baptist Church, St James Church, and St Joseph\'s Catholic Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.21% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.25% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $111,581, which is in the top 6% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $95,086, which is in the top 5% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $41,481, which is in the top 8% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.55%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 19335 has an average population density of 1,104.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 95.22%.