Senior Living in 19367 (Pomeroy, PA)
- 19367 scores the same as the Pomeroy, PA average of 73.
- 19367 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 19367 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Coatesville Va Medical Center and Brandywine Hospital).
- There are 12 senior living facilities in the area, including Parkesedge Elderly Apartments, Westminster Place at Parkesburg, and Glencrest Manor.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 12 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 22 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 42 golf courses nearby, including Coatesville Country Club, Moccasin Run Golf Course, and Ingleside Golf Club.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 31 churches nearby, including Our Lady of Consolation, Highland Baptist Church, and Parkesburg Baptist Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.21% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.25% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $53,738, which is in the top 61% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $23,935, which is in the top 97% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $26,513, which is in the top 34% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 14.86%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 19367 has an average population density of 1,011.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.11%.