Senior Living in 19373 (Thornton, PA)
- 19373 scores the same as the Thornton, PA average of 77.
- 19373 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 19373 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 49 senior living facilities in the area, including Brinton Manor, Continuing Care at Maris Grove Glen Mills PA, and Maris Grove.
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 16 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 118 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (16% of the total population).
- There are 82 golf courses nearby, including Concord Country Club, Concord Country Club, and Golf Course At Glen Mills, The.
- There is 1 park nearby (Tyler Arboretum)..
- There are 44 churches nearby, including Bethlehem United Methodist Chr, Evangelical Spirit-Filled Chr, and Elam United Methodist Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.04% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.67% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $155,414, which is in the top 2% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $150,000, which is in the top 1% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $33,797, which is in the top 15% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.87%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 19373 has an average population density of 1,031.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 85.37%.