Senior Living in 19401 (Norristown, PA)
- 19401 has a SeniorScore® of 64, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Norristown, PA.
- 19401 scores lower than the Norristown, PA average of 71.
- 19401 scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 19401 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 8 hospitals nearby, including Montgomery Hospital, Mercy Suburban Hospital, and Montgomery Hospital Med Ctr.
- There are 38 senior living facilities in the area, including Powerback Rehabilitation 1700 Pine Street, Towne Manor West, and Towne Manor East.
- There are 11 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 25 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 186 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (22% of the total population).
- There are 99 golf courses nearby, including Plymouth Country Club, General Washington Golf Club, and Jeffersonville Golf Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Norristown Farm Park)..
- There are 69 churches nearby, including Calvary Baptist Church, Macedonia Baptist Church, and Shiloh Missionary Baptist Chr.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.17% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.29% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $59,468, which is in the top 47% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $48,565, which is in the top 47% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,180, which is in the top 45% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.41%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 19401 has a dense population density of 6,921.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 81.96%.