Senior Living in 19403 (Norristown, PA)
- 19403 has a SeniorScore® of 77, which is the highest of any zip code in Norristown, PA.
- 19403 scores higher than the Norristown, PA average of 71.
- 19403 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 19403 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 7 hospitals nearby, including Montgomery Cnty Emergency Serv, Valley Forge Medical Center And Hospital, and Eagleville Hospital.
- There are 53 senior living facilities in the area, including Shannondell V F-Bradford, Meadows at Shannondell,the, and Shannondell at Valley Forge.
- There are 18 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 34 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 197 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 119 golf courses nearby, including General Washington Golf Club, Jeffersonville Golf Club, and Westover Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Norristown Farm Park, Betzwood Park, and Valley Forge National Historical Park.
- There are 81 churches nearby, including St Teresa of Avila, Vistation-Blessed Virgin Mary, and St Titus Catholic Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.17% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.29% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $94,449, which is in the top 11% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $75,784, which is in the top 12% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $38,455, which is in the top 10% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.27%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 19403 has a dense population density of 1,865.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 93.03%.