Senior Living in 19422 (Blue Bell, PA)
- 19422 scores the same as the Blue Bell, PA average of 83.
- 19422 scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 19422 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 12 hospitals nearby, including Montgomery Hospital, Mercy Suburban Hospital, and Montgomery Hospital Med Ctr.
- There are 85 senior living facilities in the area, including Sunrise of Blue Bell, Blue Bell Place, and Normandy Farms Estates.
- There are 23 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 40 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 261 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 111 golf courses nearby, including Meadowlands Country Club, Blue Bell Country Club, and Cedarbrook Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Norristown Farm Park and Morris Arboretum of the University of Pennsylvania).
- There are 113 churches nearby, including Baptist Temple, Tiferet Bet Israel, and St Helena Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.17% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.29% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $142,223, which is in the top 3% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $109,617, which is in the top 3% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $57,075, which is in the top 3% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.54%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 19422 has an average population density of 1,458.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 96.76%.