Senior Living in 19437 (Gwynedd Valley, PA)
- 19437 scores the same as the Gwynedd Valley, PA average of 95.
- 19437 scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 19437 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 13 hospitals nearby, including Horsham Clinic, Lansdale Hospital, and Northwestern Institute.
- There are 128 senior living facilities in the area, including Normandy Farms Estates, Foulkeways at Gwynedd, and Sunrise of Blue Bell.
- There are 41 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 63 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 381 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (40% of the total population).
- There are 132 golf courses nearby, including Meadowlands Country Club, Cedarbrook Country Club, and Blue Bell Country Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Norristown Farm Park, Graeme Park, and Morris Arboretum of the University of Pennsylvania.
- There are 154 churches nearby, including Beth or, Church of the Messiah, and Gwynedd Friends Meeting.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.17% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.29% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $187,798, which is in the top 1% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $174,818, which is in the top 1% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $72,131, which is in the top 1% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 19437 has an average population density of 692.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 97.22%.