Senior Living in 19464 (Pottstown, PA)
- 19464 has a SeniorScore® of 66, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Pottstown, PA.
- 19464 scores lower than the Pottstown, PA average of 69.
- 19464 scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 19464 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Pottstown Memorial Med Center).
- There are 24 senior living facilities in the area, including Buchert Ridge Community, Manorcare Health Services - Pottstown, and Jefferson School Apartments.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 23 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 75 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (24% of the total population).
- There are 73 golf courses nearby, including Brookside Country Club, Ambassador Course at Hickory Valley Golf Club, and Twin Ponds Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Hickory Valley Golf Club and Sunrise Mill).
- There are 50 churches nearby, including First Baptist Church, St Aloysius Church, and Second Baptist Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.17% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.29% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $67,438, which is in the top 32% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $54,871, which is in the top 34% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $27,214, which is in the top 31% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.96%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 19464 has a dense population density of 1,804.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.56%.