Senior Living in 19465 (Pottstown, PA)
- 19465 has a SeniorScore® of 72, which is the highest of any zip code in Pottstown, PA.
- 19465 scores higher than the Pottstown, PA average of 69.
- 19465 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 19465 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Pottstown Memorial Med Center).
- There are 32 senior living facilities in the area, including Coventry Manor Health and Rehabilitation Center, Manatawny Manor, and Manatawny Manor.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 25 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 68 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 95 golf courses nearby, including Bellewood Golf Club, Spring Hollow Golf Course, and Stonewall.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Camp Innabah, St. Peter\'s Village Hiking / Horse Trails, and Hopewell Furnace National Historic Site.
- There are 53 churches nearby, including St John Lutheran Church, St Thomas More Church, and Coventry Church of-Brethren.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.21% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.25% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $94,683, which is in the top 11% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $80,553, which is in the top 9% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $36,417, which is in the top 12% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.50%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 19465 has a sparse population density of 476.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 93.14%.