Senior Living in 19508 (Birdsboro, PA)
- 19508 scores the same as the Birdsboro, PA average of 78.
- 19508 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 19508 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Healthsouth Rehab Hospital, Reading Hospital Medical Center, and Reading Hospital And Med Ctr.
- There are 39 senior living facilities in the area, including Manor at Market Square, Berkshire Center, and Berkshire Commons.
- There are 12 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 41 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 92 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 62 golf courses nearby, including Green Hills Golf Course, Red/White Course at Arrowhead Golf Course, and Blue Course at Arrowhead Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Hopewell Furnace National Historic Site, Nolde Forest State Park, and St. Peter\'s Village Hiking / Horse Trails.
- There are 83 churches nearby, including St John\'s Lutheran Church, Immaculate Conception Church, and Exeter Bible Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.66% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.77% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $85,109, which is in the top 15% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $69,681, which is in the top 16% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $31,841, which is in the top 19% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $48,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $139,795 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,649 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.69%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 19508 has a sparse population density of 413.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.58%.