Senior Living in 19518 (Douglassville, PA)
- 19518 scores the same as the Douglassville, PA average of 75.
- 19518 scores the same as the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 19518 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Pottstown Memorial Med Center).
- There are 29 senior living facilities in the area, including Keystone Villa at Douglassville, Keystone Villa, and Colonial Manor Adult Home.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 32 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 102 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (24% of the total population).
- There are 72 golf courses nearby, including Red/White Course at Arrowhead Golf Course, Blue Course at Arrowhead Golf Course, and Blackwood Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Hopewell Furnace National Historic Site and St. Peter\'s Village Hiking / Horse Trails).
- There are 67 churches nearby, including St Paul\'s Lutheran Church, St Paul\'s United Church-Christ, and St Gabriel\'s Episcopal Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.66% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.77% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $88,592, which is in the top 14% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $77,642, which is in the top 11% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $30,942, which is in the top 21% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $48,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $139,795 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,649 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.70%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 19518 has a sparse population density of 407.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 93.20%.