Senior Living in 19526 (Hamburg, PA)
- 19526 scores the same as the Hamburg, PA average of 68.
- 19526 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 19526 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 18 senior living facilities in the area, including Laurel Center, Weston Senior Living Center at Pinebrook, and Hearthstone at Maidencreek.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 19 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 21 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 44 golf courses nearby, including Farview Greens Golf Club, Perry Golf Course, and Schuylkill Country Club.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Blue Rocks Family Campground, Mountain Springs Camping Resort, and Appalachian RV Campground.
- There are 22 churches nearby, including Selfert James W Rev, St Mary\'s Rc Church, and Saint Michael\'s Union Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.66% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.77% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $63,161, which is in the top 39% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $52,143, which is in the top 39% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,412, which is in the top 44% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $48,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $139,795 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,649 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.82%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 19526 has a sparse population density of 191.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 83.02%.