Senior Living in 19530 (Kutztown, PA)
- 19530 scores the same as the Kutztown, PA average of 64.
- 19530 scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 19530 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 20 senior living facilities in the area, including Saucony Meadows Apartments, Wilson Manor, and Kutztown Manor.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 18 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 23 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (21% of the total population).
- There are 68 golf courses nearby, including Berkleigh Country Club, Rich Maiden Golf Course, and Moselem Springs Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Crystal Cave, Robin Hill RV Resort & Campground, and Blue Rocks Family Campground.
- There are 50 churches nearby, including St Mary Catholic Church, Mt Zion Lutheran Church, and St John\'s Lutheran Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.66% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.77% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $66,569, which is in the top 33% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $46,471, which is in the top 52% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,114, which is in the top 58% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $48,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $139,795 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,649 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 15.00%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 19530 has a sparse population density of 294.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.66%.