Senior Living in 19533 (Leesport, PA)
- 19533 scores the same as the Leesport, PA average of 77.
- 19533 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 19533 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 6 hospitals nearby, including St Joseph Medical Center, Surgical Institute Of Reading, and St Joseph Medical Center.
- There are 32 senior living facilities in the area, including Berks Leisure Living, Berks Heim Nursing and Rehabilitation, and Reading Health Rehabilitation Hospital Transitional Sub-Acute Unit.
- There are 13 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 36 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 162 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 40 golf courses nearby, including Willow Hollow Golf Course, Perry Golf Course, and Galen Hall Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Berks County Park)..
- There are 95 churches nearby, including St John\'s Gernant\'s Church, Bern Reformed United Church, and Epler\'s United Church-Christ.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.66% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.77% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $76,347, which is in the top 22% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $61,194, which is in the top 24% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,934, which is in the top 46% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $48,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $139,795 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,649 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.64%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 19533 has a sparse population density of 429.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 82.92%.