Senior Living in 19540 (Mohnton, PA)
- 19540 scores the same as the Mohnton, PA average of 80.
- 19540 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 19540 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Healthsouth Rehab Hospital, Reading Hospital And Med Ctr, and Reading Hospital Medical Center.
- There are 38 senior living facilities in the area, including Green Hills Manor, Mifflin Center, and Woodland Heights Retirement Community.
- There are 12 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 43 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 130 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 56 golf courses nearby, including Flying Hills Golf Club, Green Hills Golf Course, and Berkshire Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Nolde Forest State Park and Lake-In-Wood Campground).
- There are 91 churches nearby, including St John\'s Lutheran Church, St Benedict\'s Rc Church, and Allegheny Lutheran Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.66% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.77% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $88,879, which is in the top 14% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $73,977, which is in the top 13% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $33,406, which is in the top 16% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $48,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $139,795 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,649 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.46%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 19540 has a sparse population density of 344.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.40%.