Senior Living in 19543 (Morgantown, PA)
- 19543 scores the same as the Morgantown, PA average of 74.
- 19543 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 19543 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Healthsouth Rehab Hospital).
- There are 42 senior living facilities in the area, including Sunny Crest Homes, Woodland Heights Retirement Community, and Zerbe Sisters Nursing Center.
- There are 12 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 34 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 54 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (20% of the total population).
- There are 77 golf courses nearby, including Green Hills Golf Course, Stonewall, and Honey Brook Golf Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Lake-In-Wood Campground, Nolde Forest State Park, and Hopewell Furnace National Historic Site.
- There are 59 churches nearby, including Morgantown Community Church, Harmony United Methodist Chr, and Conestoga Mennonite Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.66% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.77% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $86,347, which is in the top 15% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $72,260, which is in the top 14% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $30,268, which is in the top 22% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $48,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $139,795 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,649 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.68%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 19543 has a sparse population density of 266.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.60%.