Senior Living in 19549 (Port Clinton, PA)
- 19549 scores the same as the Port Clinton, PA average of 74.
- 19549 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 19549 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 13 senior living facilities in the area, including Laurel Center, Weston Senior Living Center at Pinebrook, and Orwigsburg Center.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 21 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 20 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 44 golf courses nearby, including Farview Greens Golf Club, Schuylkill Country Club, and Perry Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Christmas Pines Campground, Mountain Springs Camping Resort, and Blue Rocks Family Campground.
- There are 20 churches nearby, including Selfert James W Rev, St Mary\'s Rc Church, and Saint Michael\'s Union Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.84% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.57% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $40,991, which is in the top 89% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $37,574, which is in the top 76% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $14,519, which is in the top 93% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.56%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 19549 has a sparse population density of 234.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 68.18%.