Senior Living in 19550 (Rehrersburg, PA)
- 19550 scores the same as the Rehrersburg, PA average of 64.
- 19550 scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 19550 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 7 senior living facilities in the area, including Rile\'s Home - Aide Haven, StoneRidge Retirement Living, and StoneRidge Popular Run.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 20 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 11 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (18% of the total population).
- There are 36 golf courses nearby, including Green Acres Golf Club, Heidelberg Country Club, and Lebanon Valley Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Camp Swatara, Conrad Weiser Homestead, and Appalachian RV Campground.
- There are 25 churches nearby, including Tri-County Worship Ctr, Trinity United Church-Christ, and Rehrersburg Bethel Lutheran Ch.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.66% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.77% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $44,907, which is in the top 83% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $40,714, which is in the top 68% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $12,675, which is in the top 96% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $48,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $139,795 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,649 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.12%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 19550 has a sparse population density of 396.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 82.74%.