Senior Living in 19554 (Shartlesville, PA)
- 19554 scores the same as the Shartlesville, PA average of 67.
- 19554 scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 19554 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 9 senior living facilities in the area, including Laurel Center, Berks Leisure Living, and Weston Senior Living Center at Pinebrook.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 13 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 8 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (20% of the total population).
- There are 39 golf courses nearby, including Heidelberg Country Club, Green Acres Golf Club, and Farview Greens Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Appalachian RV Campground, Mountain Springs Camping Resort, and Christmas Pines Campground.
- There are 11 churches nearby, including St John\'s United Ch of Christ, St Thomas United Church-Christ, and Zion Blue Mountain United Chr.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.66% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.77% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $52,071, which is in the top 65% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $55,398, which is in the top 33% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,539, which is in the top 43% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $48,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $139,795 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,649 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.90%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 19554 has an average population density of 825.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 78.19%.