Senior Living in 19555 (Shoemakersville, PA)
- 19555 scores the same as the Shoemakersville, PA average of 80.
- 19555 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 19555 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (St Joseph Medical Center and St Joseph Medical Center).
- There are 31 senior living facilities in the area, including Hearthstone at Maidencreek, Laurel Center, and Berks Leisure Living.
- There are 12 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 31 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 83 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 50 golf courses nearby, including Perry Golf Course, Farview Greens Golf Club, and Willow Hollow Golf Course.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Crystal Cave, Blue Rocks Family Campground, and Mountain Springs Camping Resort.
- There are 82 churches nearby, including Zion\'s Evangelical Church, St Luke\'s Lutheran & Ucc, and Selfert James W Rev.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.66% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.77% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $65,240, which is in the top 36% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $51,267, which is in the top 41% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $28,185, which is in the top 28% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $48,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $139,795 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,649 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.07%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 19555 has a sparse population density of 249.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 78.24%.