Senior Living in 19560 (Temple, PA)
- 19560 scores the same as the Temple, PA average of 80.
- 19560 scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 19560 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 5 hospitals nearby, including St Joseph Medical Center, St Joseph Medical Center, and Reading Hospital Medical Center.
- There are 36 senior living facilities in the area, including ManorCare Health Services-Laureldale, Ageless Harmony Adult Senior DayCare - Laureldale, and Rittenhouse Senior Living of Reading.
- There are 13 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 46 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 172 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 50 golf courses nearby, including Reading Country Club, Exeter Golf Club, and Moselem Springs Golf Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Berks County Park)..
- There are 112 churches nearby, including Seventh-Day Adventist Church, Spring Valley Church of God, and Epiphany Lutheran Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.66% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.77% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $63,811, which is in the top 38% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $59,643, which is in the top 26% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $27,530, which is in the top 30% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $48,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $139,795 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,649 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.10%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 19560 has an average population density of 960.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 84.38%.