Senior Living in 19604 (Reading, PA)
- 19604 has a SeniorScore® of 53, which is the 9th highest of any zip code in Reading, PA.
- 19604 scores significantly lower than the Reading, PA average of 69.
- 19604 scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 19604 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (St Joseph Medical Center).
- There are 22 senior living facilities in the area, including Berkshire Tower Apartments, Providence House, and Rittenhouse Senior Living of Reading.
- There are 8 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 7 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 9 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (15% of the total population).
- There are 23 golf courses nearby, including Reading Country Club, Exeter Golf Club, and Flying Hills Golf Club.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 10 churches nearby, including Grace Bible Fellowship Church, Nativity Lutheran Church, and Feil Paul H.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.66% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.77% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $42,741, which is in the top 87% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $35,767, which is in the top 80% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $14,000, which is in the top 94% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $48,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $139,795 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,649 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 17.19%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 19604 has a very dense population density of 12,594.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 64.97%.