Senior Living in 19605 (Reading, PA)
- 19605 has a SeniorScore® of 75, which is the 4th highest of any zip code in Reading, PA.
- 19605 scores higher than the Reading, PA average of 69.
- 19605 scores the same as the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 19605 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 5 hospitals nearby, including St Joseph Medical Center, St Joseph Medical Center, and Surgical Institute Of Reading.
- There are 31 senior living facilities in the area, including Ageless Harmony Adult Senior DayCare - Laureldale, Rittenhouse Senior Living of Reading, and ManorCare Health Services-Laureldale.
- There are 13 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 29 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 145 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 34 golf courses nearby, including Willow Hollow Golf Course, Perry Golf Course, and Reading Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Berks County Park)..
- There are 80 churches nearby, including Holy Guardian Angels Rc Chr, Calvary Church of the Nazarene, and Alsace Lutheran Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.66% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.77% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $65,106, which is in the top 36% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $54,621, which is in the top 34% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $26,150, which is in the top 36% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $48,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $139,795 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,649 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.84%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 19605 has an average population density of 1,133.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 82.02%.