Senior Living in 19606 (Reading, PA)
- 19606 has a SeniorScore® of 73, which is the 6th highest of any zip code in Reading, PA.
- 19606 scores higher than the Reading, PA average of 69.
- 19606 scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 19606 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 5 hospitals nearby, including St Joseph Medical Center, Reading Hospital Medical Center, and Reading Hospital And Med Ctr.
- There are 36 senior living facilities in the area, including Ageless Harmony Adult Senior DayCare - Mt. Penn, Golden LivingCenter - Reading, and Elmcroft.
- There are 12 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 34 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 115 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 43 golf courses nearby, including Exeter Golf Club, Reading Country Club, and Flying Hills Golf Club.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 90 churches nearby, including St Catherine of Siena Roman Catholic Church, St Catherine of Siena Rc Chr, and Bethany Evangelical Luth Chr.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.66% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.77% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $75,977, which is in the top 22% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $64,155, which is in the top 21% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $30,454, which is in the top 22% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $48,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $139,795 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,649 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.07%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 19606 has an average population density of 1,251.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.85%.