Senior Living in 19607 (Reading, PA)
- 19607 has a SeniorScore® of 75, which is the 4th highest of any zip code in Reading, PA.
- 19607 scores higher than the Reading, PA average of 69.
- 19607 scores the same as the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- 19607 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 5 hospitals nearby, including Healthsouth Rehab Hospital, Reading Hospital And Med Ctr, and Reading Hospital Medical Center.
- There are 33 senior living facilities in the area, including Mifflin Center, Green Hills Manor, and Wyomissing Health and Rehabilitation Center.
- There are 12 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 36 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 150 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (34% of the total population).
- There are 35 golf courses nearby, including Flying Hills Golf Club, Chapel Hill Golf Course, and Berkshire Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Nolde Forest State Park)..
- There are 104 churches nearby, including Keahorst Reading Sda Church, St John Baptist De La Salle, and St Anthony\'s Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.66% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.77% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Pennsylvania has a low average state income tax rate of 3.07%.
- The area has an average household income of $68,969, which is in the top 30% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $55,589, which is in the top 32% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $30,862, which is in the top 21% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $48,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $139,795 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,649 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.23%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 19607 has a dense population density of 2,014.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.16%.