Senior Living in 19703 (Claymont, DE)
- 19703 scores the same as the Claymont, DE average of 79.
- 19703 scores higher than the Delaware average of 76.
- 19703 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Alfred I Dupont Hospital, Crozer Chester Medical Center, and Keystone Center.
- There are 57 senior living facilities in the area, including River Club Apartments, Forwood Manor, and Milton and Hattie Kutz Home.
- There are 8 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 23 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 190 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (23% of the total population).
- There are 68 golf courses nearby, including Brandywine Country Club, Rock Manor Golf Club, and Nemours Course at DuPont Country Club, The.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Radnor Green Park, Bellevue State Park, and Fox Point State Park.
- There are 140 churches nearby, including Church of the Ascension, Holy Rosary Church, and Atonement Methodist Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 1.78% of total income, which is low compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.55% of total property value, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 0.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Delaware has a high average state income tax rate of 4.42%.
- The area has an average household income of $62,191, which is in the top 41% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $52,138, which is in the top 39% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $25,920, which is in the top 37% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $68,940 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $117,895 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,995 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.08%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 19703 has a dense population density of 3,687.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.55%.