Senior Living in 19707 (Hockessin, DE)
- 19707 scores the same as the Hockessin, DE average of 84.
- 19707 scores significantly higher than the Delaware average of 76.
- 19707 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (St Francis Hospital and Veterans Affairs Med Center).
- There are 47 senior living facilities in the area, including Brookdale Hockessin, Cokesbury Village, and Brackenville Center.
- There are 11 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 12 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 181 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 52 golf courses nearby, including Delcastle Golf Course, Three Little Bakers Country Club & Dinner Theatre, and Fieldstone Golf Club.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Mt Cuba Center, Brandywine Springs Park, and Middle Run Valley Park.
- There are 148 churches nearby, including Grace Lutheran Church, Hockessin Baptist Church, and First Alliance Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 1.78% of total income, which is low compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.55% of total property value, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 0.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Delaware has a high average state income tax rate of 4.42%.
- The area has an average household income of $152,423, which is in the top 2% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $116,801, which is in the top 2% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $55,072, which is in the top 3% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $68,940 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $117,895 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,995 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.67%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 19707 has an average population density of 1,248.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 96.97%.