Senior Living in 19709 (Middletown, DE)
- 19709 scores the same as the Middletown, DE average of 70.
- 19709 scores lower than the Delaware average of 76.
- 19709 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 8 senior living facilities in the area, including Lifestyle Community, Cadia Rehabilitation Broadmeadow, and Spring Arbor.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 53 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (19% of the total population).
- There are 27 golf courses nearby, including Back Creek Golf Club, Frog Hollow Golf Club, and Van De Grift Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Augustine Beach Access Area, Lums Pond State Park, and Fort Delaware State Park.
- There are 48 churches nearby, including St Joseph\'s Parish Complex, Middletown Baptist Church, and St Joseph Catholic Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 1.78% of total income, which is low compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.55% of total property value, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 0.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Delaware has a high average state income tax rate of 4.42%.
- The area has an average household income of $100,851, which is in the top 9% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $89,591, which is in the top 6% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $33,230, which is in the top 16% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $68,940 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $117,895 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,995 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.92%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 19709 has a sparse population density of 440.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.19%.