Senior Living in 19711 (Newark, DE)
- 19711 has a SeniorScore® of 77, which is the highest of any zip code in Newark, DE.
- 19711 scores higher than the Newark, DE average of 71.
- 19711 scores higher than the Delaware average of 76.
- 19711 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Christiana Care Health Services, Inc. and Rockford Center).
- There are 24 senior living facilities in the area, including Millcroft, Newark Manor Nursing Home, and Woodlea Elderly Apartments.
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 13 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 162 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (23% of the total population).
- There are 40 golf courses nearby, including Newark Country Club, Vince\'s Sport Center Par 3 Golf Course, and Three Little Bakers Country Club & Dinner Theatre.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Middle Run Valley Park, White Clay Creek State Park, and White Clay Creek Preserve.
- There are 95 churches nearby, including Wasgatt David P, Calvary Baptist Church, and Saint John\'S-Holy Angels Chr.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 1.78% of total income, which is low compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.55% of total property value, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 0.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Delaware has a high average state income tax rate of 4.42%.
- The area has an average household income of $93,204, which is in the top 11% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $68,030, which is in the top 17% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $35,912, which is in the top 13% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $68,940 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $117,895 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,995 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.51%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 19711 has a dense population density of 1,874.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.36%.