Senior Living in 19713 (Newark, DE)
- 19713 has a SeniorScore® of 76, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Newark, DE.
- 19713 scores higher than the Newark, DE average of 71.
- 19713 scores the same as the Delaware average of 76.
- 19713 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Christiana Care Health Services, Inc., Rockford Center, and Delaware Psychiatric Center.
- There are 24 senior living facilities in the area, including Jeanne Jugan Residence, Brookdale White Chapel, and Somerford House of Newark.
- There are 9 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 14 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 221 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 37 golf courses nearby, including Vince\'s Sport Center Par 3 Golf Course, Newark Country Club, and Cavaliers Country Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Middle Run Valley Park, Delaware Park, and White Clay Creek State Park.
- There are 155 churches nearby, including Ogletown Baptist Church, Holy Family Church, and Church of Christ.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 1.78% of total income, which is low compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.55% of total property value, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 0.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Delaware has a high average state income tax rate of 4.42%.
- The area has an average household income of $66,529, which is in the top 33% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $54,255, which is in the top 35% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $26,682, which is in the top 33% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $68,940 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $117,895 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,995 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.30%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 19713 has a dense population density of 2,221.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 86.80%.