Senior Living in 19720 (New Castle, DE)
- 19720 scores the same as the New Castle, DE average of 72.
- 19720 scores lower than the Delaware average of 76.
- 19720 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Delaware Psychiatric Center, Meadow Wood Behavioral Hlth, and Christiana Care Health Services, Inc..
- There are 31 senior living facilities in the area, including Arbors at New Castle, Liberty Terrace, and Churchman Village.
- There are 11 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 16 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 118 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (23% of the total population).
- There are 36 golf courses nearby, including Vince\'s Sport Center Par 3 Golf Course, North Course at Hercules Country Club, and Cavaliers Country Club.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Battery Park, First State National Historical Park, and Fort Mott State Park.
- There are 92 churches nearby, including Holy Spirit Catholic Church, Mount Sinai Baptist Church, and First Baptist Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 1.78% of total income, which is low compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.55% of total property value, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 0.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Delaware has a high average state income tax rate of 4.42%.
- The area has an average household income of $63,558, which is in the top 39% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $53,388, which is in the top 36% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,232, which is in the top 51% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $68,940 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $117,895 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,995 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.86%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 19720 has a dense population density of 1,596.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 82.19%.