Senior Living in 19730 (Odessa, DE)
- 19730 scores the same as the Odessa, DE average of 82.
- 19730 scores higher than the Delaware average of 76.
- 19730 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 4 senior living facilities in the area, including Lifestyle Community, Cadia Rehabilitation Broadmeadow, and Spring Arbor.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 6 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 34 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (35% of the total population).
- There are 26 golf courses nearby, including Back Creek Golf Club, Frog Hollow Golf Club, and Van De Grift Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Augustine Beach Access Area and Lums Pond State Park).
- There are 24 churches nearby, including St Paul\'s United Methodist Chr, St Paul\'s United Methodist Chr, and St Joseph Catholic Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 1.78% of total income, which is low compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.55% of total property value, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 0.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Delaware has a high average state income tax rate of 4.42%.
- The area has an average household income of $77,833, which is in the top 21% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $62,917, which is in the top 22% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $30,003, which is in the top 23% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $68,940 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $117,895 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,995 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.47%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 3% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 19730 has a sparse population density of 329.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 95.83%.