Senior Living in 19731 (Port Penn, DE)
- 19731 scores the same as the Port Penn, DE average of 93.
- 19731 scores significantly higher than the Delaware average of 76.
- 19731 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Memorial Hospital Of Salem County, Delaware Psychiatric Center, and Meadow Wood Behavioral Hlth.
- There are 10 senior living facilities in the area, including Governor Bacon Health Center, Lifestyle Community, and Lindsay Place.
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 17 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 104 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 39 golf courses nearby, including Back Creek Golf Club, Frog Hollow Golf Club, and Van De Grift Golf Club.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Augustine Beach Access Area, Fort Delaware State Park, and Supawna Meadows National Wildlife Refuge.
- There are 106 churches nearby, including True Worship Church, Alexander L Boda, and Middletown Baptist Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 1.78% of total income, which is low compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.55% of total property value, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 0.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Delaware has a high average state income tax rate of 4.42%.
- The area has an average household income of $90,440, which is in the top 13% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $96,250, which is in the top 5% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $27,536, which is in the top 30% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $68,940 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $117,895 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,995 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 19731 has a sparse population density of 263.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 100.00%.