Senior Living in 19733 (St Georges, DE)
- 19733 scores the same as the St Georges, DE average of 74.
- 19733 scores lower than the Delaware average of 76.
- 19733 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 9 senior living facilities in the area, including Governor Bacon Health Center, Arbors at New Castle, and Liberty Terrace.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 6 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 47 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (20% of the total population).
- There are 27 golf courses nearby, including Frog Hollow Golf Club, Van De Grift Golf Club, and Back Creek Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Lums Pond State Park, Fort Delaware State Park, and Augustine Beach Access Area.
- There are 42 churches nearby, including Alexander L Boda, Fairwinds Baptist Church, and Knotts Jerrold W.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 1.78% of total income, which is low compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.55% of total property value, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 0.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Delaware has a high average state income tax rate of 4.42%.
- The area has an average household income of $50,515, which is in the top 69% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $46,500, which is in the top 52% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $17,555, which is in the top 83% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $68,940 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $117,895 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,995 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 18.42%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 19733 has a dense population density of 2,682.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 65.00%.