Senior Living in 19802 (Wilmington, DE)
- 19802 has a SeniorScore® of 71, which is the 8th highest of any zip code in Wilmington, DE.
- 19802 scores significantly lower than the Wilmington, DE average of 79.
- 19802 scores lower than the Delaware average of 76.
- 19802 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Alfred I Dupont Hospital, St Francis Hospital, and Veterans Affairs Med Center.
- There are 34 senior living facilities in the area, including Sunrise of Wilmington, Home For Aged Women Minquadale Home, and Gilpin Hall.
- There are 9 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 19 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 136 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (23% of the total population).
- There are 38 golf courses nearby, including North Course at Hercules Country Club, Rock Manor Golf Club, and Nemours Course at DuPont Country Club, The.
- There are 9 parks nearby, including Wilmington State Parks, Rodney Square, and Rockwood Museum & Park.
- There are 180 churches nearby, including Sharon Temple Sda Church, Eighth Street Baptist Church, and Cathedral Church of Saint John.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 1.78% of total income, which is low compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.55% of total property value, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 0.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Delaware has a high average state income tax rate of 4.42%.
- The area has an average household income of $55,789, which is in the top 56% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $41,801, which is in the top 65% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,037, which is in the top 52% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $68,940 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $117,895 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,995 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.46%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 19802 has a dense population density of 7,762.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 84.13%.