Senior Living in 19803 (Wilmington, DE)
- 19803 has a SeniorScore® of 86, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Wilmington, DE.
- 19803 scores higher than the Wilmington, DE average of 79.
- 19803 scores significantly higher than the Delaware average of 76.
- 19803 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Alfred I Dupont Hospital, St Francis Hospital, and Veterans Affairs Med Center.
- There are 47 senior living facilities in the area, including Cadia Rehabilitation Silverside, Sunrise of Wilmington, and Manorcare Health Services - Wilmington.
- There are 11 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 21 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 214 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (37% of the total population).
- There are 60 golf courses nearby, including Rock Manor Golf Club, Nemours Course at DuPont Country Club, The, and Brandywine Country Club.
- There are 12 parks nearby, including Blue Ball Barn, Brandywine Creek State Park, and Rockwood Museum & Park.
- There are 214 churches nearby, including Immaculate Heart of Mary, Bethel Baptist Church, and Brandywine Valley Baptist Chr.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 1.78% of total income, which is low compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.55% of total property value, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 0.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Delaware has a high average state income tax rate of 4.42%.
- The area has an average household income of $125,773, which is in the top 4% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $96,152, which is in the top 5% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $51,225, which is in the top 4% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $68,940 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $117,895 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,995 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.58%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 19803 has a dense population density of 1,695.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 96.25%.