Senior Living in 19804 (Wilmington, DE)
- 19804 has a SeniorScore® of 81, which is the 6th highest of any zip code in Wilmington, DE.
- 19804 scores higher than the Wilmington, DE average of 79.
- 19804 scores higher than the Delaware average of 76.
- 19804 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 6 hospitals nearby, including St Francis Hospital, Veterans Affairs Med Center, and Delaware Psychiatric Center.
- There are 47 senior living facilities in the area, including Brandywine Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Churchman Village, and Hillside Center.
- There are 12 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 29 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 265 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 48 golf courses nearby, including Three Little Bakers Country Club & Dinner Theatre, Delcastle Golf Course, and North Course at Hercules Country Club.
- There are 12 parks nearby, including Brandywine Springs Park, Delaware Park, and Rodney Square.
- There are 278 churches nearby, including New Galilee Baptist Church, Alpha Baptist Church, and Bethany Baptist Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 1.78% of total income, which is low compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.55% of total property value, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 0.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Delaware has a high average state income tax rate of 4.42%.
- The area has an average household income of $62,167, which is in the top 41% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $54,169, which is in the top 35% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $25,319, which is in the top 39% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $68,940 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $117,895 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,995 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.45%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 19804 has a dense population density of 2,399.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 84.63%.