Senior Living in 19805 (Wilmington, DE)
- 19805 has a SeniorScore® of 68, which is the 10th highest of any zip code in Wilmington, DE.
- 19805 scores significantly lower than the Wilmington, DE average of 79.
- 19805 scores significantly lower than the Delaware average of 76.
- 19805 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (St Francis Hospital and Veterans Affairs Med Center).
- There are 40 senior living facilities in the area, including Parkview Nursing & Rehabilitation, The Lorelton, and Hillside Center.
- There are 10 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 22 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 158 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (20% of the total population).
- There are 38 golf courses nearby, including North Course at Hercules Country Club, Nemours Course at DuPont Country Club, The, and Bidermann Golf Club.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Rockford Park, Wilmington State Parks, and Brandywine Springs Park.
- There are 205 churches nearby, including Corpus Christi Rc Church, St Elizabeth\'s Catholic Church, and St Paul\'s Catholic Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 1.78% of total income, which is low compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.55% of total property value, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 0.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Delaware has a high average state income tax rate of 4.42%.
- The area has an average household income of $54,321, which is in the top 60% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $42,518, which is in the top 63% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,296, which is in the top 62% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $68,940 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $117,895 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,995 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.39%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 19805 has a dense population density of 7,696.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 77.95%.