Senior Living in 19808 (Wilmington, DE)
- 19808 has a SeniorScore® of 81, which is the 6th highest of any zip code in Wilmington, DE.
- 19808 scores higher than the Wilmington, DE average of 79.
- 19808 scores higher than the Delaware average of 76.
- 19808 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including St Francis Hospital, Veterans Affairs Med Center, and Christiana Care Health Services, Inc..
- There are 44 senior living facilities in the area, including Emily P Bissell Hospital, Cadia Rehabilitation Pike Creek, and Woodlea Elderly Apartments.
- There are 11 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 22 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 231 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 47 golf courses nearby, including Delcastle Golf Course, Three Little Bakers Country Club & Dinner Theatre, and Newark Country Club.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Brandywine Springs Park, Delaware Park, and Middle Run Valley Park.
- There are 173 churches nearby, including Seventh Day Adventist Church, Resurrection Parish, and Faith Baptist Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 1.78% of total income, which is low compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.55% of total property value, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 0.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Delaware has a high average state income tax rate of 4.42%.
- The area has an average household income of $84,026, which is in the top 16% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $68,678, which is in the top 17% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $35,150, which is in the top 13% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $68,940 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $117,895 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,995 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.09%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has below average water quality.
- 19808 has a dense population density of 2,749.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.20%.