Senior Living in 19901 (Dover, DE)
- 19901 has a SeniorScore® of 70, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Dover, DE.
- 19901 scores lower than the Dover, DE average of 71.
- 19901 scores lower than the Delaware average of 76.
- 19901 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Bayhealth - Kent General Hospital).
- There are 13 senior living facilities in the area, including Courtland Manor, State Street Assisted Living, and Silver Lake Center.
- There are 8 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 12 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 119 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (23% of the total population).
- There are 10 golf courses nearby, including Mapledale Country Club, Eagle Creek Golf Club, and Cape Course at Jonathan\'s Landing.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including First State Heritage Park Welcome Center, Bombay Hook National Wildlife Refuge, and Brecknock County Park.
- There are 142 churches nearby, including St Andrews Lutheran Church, First Southern Baptist Church, and Southside Baptist Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 1.35% of total income, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.40% of total property value, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 0.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Delaware has a high average state income tax rate of 4.42%.
- The area has an average household income of $57,806, which is in the top 51% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $47,591, which is in the top 49% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,442, which is in the top 62% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $68,940 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $117,895 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,995 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.45%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 19901 has a sparse population density of 438.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 84.72%.