Senior Living in 19930 (Bethany Beach, DE)
- 19930 scores the same as the Bethany Beach, DE average of 79.
- 19930 scores higher than the Delaware average of 76.
- 19930 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 2 senior living facilities in the area (Brandywine Senior Care and Cadia Rehabilitation Renaissance)
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 9 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 15 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (72% of the total population).
- There are 24 golf courses nearby, including Salt Pond Golf Course, The, Black Bear/Grizzly Course at Bear Trap Dunes Golf Club, and Bethany Bay Golf Club.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Bear Trap Dunes Clubhouse, Holts Landing State Park, and Delaware Seashore State Park.
- There are 5 churches nearby, including Christian Church Conference, Bethany Beach Montessori, and Ocean View Church of Christ.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 1.19% of total income, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.27% of total property value, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 0.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Delaware has a high average state income tax rate of 4.42%.
- The area has an average household income of $92,063, which is in the top 12% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $71,250, which is in the top 15% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $49,019, which is in the top 4% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $68,940 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $117,895 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,995 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 1.83%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- 19930 has a sparse population density of 490.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 99.38%.