Senior Living in 19936 (Cheswold, DE)
- 19936 scores the same as the Cheswold, DE average of 78.
- 19936 scores higher than the Delaware average of 76.
- 19936 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Bayhealth - Kent General Hospital).
- There are 13 senior living facilities in the area, including Wild Meadows Homes, Pinnacle Rehabilitation and Health Center, and Westminster Village.
- There are 9 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 11 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 132 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (18% of the total population).
- There are 9 golf courses nearby, including Mapledale Country Club, Ron Jaworski\'s Garrison\'s Lake Golf Club, and Wild Quail Golf & Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (First State Heritage Park Welcome Center)..
- There are 155 churches nearby, including Capitol Baptist Church, First Baptist Church of Dover, and Union Baptist Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 1.35% of total income, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.40% of total property value, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 0.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Delaware has a high average state income tax rate of 4.42%.
- The area has an average household income of $44,064, which is in the top 84% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $38,594, which is in the top 74% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $14,166, which is in the top 94% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $68,940 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $117,895 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,995 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.94%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 19936 has an average population density of 1,366.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 56.17%.