Senior Living in 19939 (Dagsboro, DE)
- 19939 scores the same as the Dagsboro, DE average of 78.
- 19939 scores higher than the Delaware average of 76.
- 19939 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 3 senior living facilities in the area, including Atlantic Shores Rehabilitation and Health Center, Cadia Rehabilitation Renaissance, and Brandywine Senior Care.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 13 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 45 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (41% of the total population).
- There are 30 golf courses nearby, including Cripple Creek Golf & Country Club, Baywood Greens, and Bethany Bay Golf Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Holts Landing State Park, Bear Trap Dunes Clubhouse, and Lost Lands RV Park.
- There are 29 churches nearby, including Church of God-dagsboro, Bethel United Methodist Church, and Dagsboro Church of Christ.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 1.19% of total income, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.27% of total property value, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 0.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Delaware has a high average state income tax rate of 4.42%.
- The area has an average household income of $65,512, which is in the top 35% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $56,821, which is in the top 30% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,883, which is in the top 41% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $68,940 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $117,895 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,995 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.22%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- 19939 has a sparse population density of 229.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.04%.