Senior Living in 19940 (Delmar, DE)
- 19940 scores the same as the Delmar, DE average of 75.
- 19940 scores lower than the Delaware average of 76.
- 19940 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Healthsouth Chesapeake Rehab, Peninsula Regional Medical Center, and Deer\'s Head Center.
- There are 16 senior living facilities in the area, including Delmar Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Avalon Retirement Community, and Sarah, Margaret and Mollie\'s.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 14 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 104 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 25 golf courses nearby, including Wood Creek Golf Links, Elk\'s Golf Club, and Nutters Crossing Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Trap Pond State Park, Winterplace Park, and Pemberton Historical Park.
- There are 30 churches nearby, including Solid Rock Chr-god In Christ, First Church of Lord, and Wesleyan Church of Laurel.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 1.19% of total income, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.27% of total property value, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 0.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Delaware has a high average state income tax rate of 4.42%.
- The area has an average household income of $59,432, which is in the top 47% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $46,250, which is in the top 53% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $20,875, which is in the top 65% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $68,940 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $117,895 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,995 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.81%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 3% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- 19940 has a sparse population density of 134.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 81.88%.