Senior Living in 19941 (Ellendale, DE)
- 19941 scores the same as the Ellendale, DE average of 73.
- 19941 scores lower than the Delaware average of 76.
- 19941 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 10 senior living facilities in the area, including Harrison Senior Living of Georgetown, Milford Center, and Heritage at Milford.
- There are 7 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 14 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 57 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (22% of the total population).
- There are 23 golf courses nearby, including Rookery Golf Club, The, Sussex Pines Country Club, and Shawnee Country Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Redden State Forest, Delaware Beaches Jellystone Park Camp-Resort, and Homestead Campground.
- There are 87 churches nearby, including Temple of Faith, Bongard James C, and Christian Tabernacle.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 1.19% of total income, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.27% of total property value, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 0.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Delaware has a high average state income tax rate of 4.42%.
- The area has an average household income of $63,904, which is in the top 38% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $55,489, which is in the top 32% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $18,819, which is in the top 77% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $68,940 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $117,895 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,995 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.55%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- 19941 has a very sparse population density of 75.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 66.02%.