Senior Living in 19946 (Frederica, DE)
- 19946 scores the same as the Frederica, DE average of 77.
- 19946 scores higher than the Delaware average of 76.
- 19946 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 13 senior living facilities in the area, including Delaware Veterans Home, Heritage at Milford, and Milford Center.
- There are 9 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 8 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 37 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 11 golf courses nearby, including Cape Course at Jonathan\'s Landing, Shawnee Country Club, and Eagle Creek Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Town Point, Killens Pond State Park, and Brecknock County Park.
- There are 64 churches nearby, including Trinity United Methodist Chr, Holy Harvest Church, and Trinity United Methodist Chr.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 1.35% of total income, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.40% of total property value, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 0.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Delaware has a high average state income tax rate of 4.42%.
- The area has an average household income of $64,774, which is in the top 36% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $55,021, which is in the top 33% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $26,339, which is in the top 35% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $68,940 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $117,895 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,995 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.18%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 3% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 19946 has a sparse population density of 199.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.33%.